Ustroń - road no. 941

SHARE
clear-night

4°C

USTROŃ

Cam is active
Views:
681
Tags:

Crossroads of the Polan's Ustroń Polana. The name Polana comes from a clearing in the forest on the Vistula River, where the first inhabitants settled ("...12 zahradnikuw kterech mam na glanie ..."." - from the first mention of Polana in 1607). The settlement belonged to Mikołaj Rudzki, from whom it was purchased in 1633 by the Duchess of Cieszyn Elżbieta Lucretia. Later, Polana was part of Ustroń Górny, which was a separate village until 1839, when Ustroń Górny was merged with Ustroń Dolny.

In 1792 a paper mill was established here, founded by Prince Albert Sasko-Cieszynski. It included a piece of an adjacent meadow by the Vistula River, necessary to bleach in the sun the linen rags from which paper was made at that time.

In 1837, the paper mill was moved down the Vistula River to Hermanic, where it operated with interruptions until 1933. In its buildings "on the Glade" the forge "Teresa" was later built, powered by a waterwheel, which was part of the ironworks in Ustroń. Axles and fittings for wagons were forged in it. The hammer drive was provided by the Mill Mill flowing this way. In 1899, the blacksmith's shop in Polana was liquidated, and a water turbine was installed in the building, supplying the blacksmith's shop in Ustroń with electricity and operating until the 1960s. In addition to the building of the former paper mill, the weir at Młynówka with ponds allowing to regulate the water level in the nearby artificial water reservoir with an area of 0.65 ha has been preserved.

NEXT CAM ALL CAMS

SIMILAR CAMS:

Subscribe to the newsletter

Keep up to date with lookcam.com